Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

New journey in the world with IoT(Internet of Things)

The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects—devices, vehicles, buildings and other items which are embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data (Ref. wiki).

In simple terms, small embedded controller(IoT) can be controlled or monitored over internet. For ex. you can log the your room temperature into the server and it can be view-able anywhere in the world. Similarly, you can turn on/off your room light from anywhere in the world with the help internet.

The whole world is already jumped into the concept of IoTs and giving lot of flexibility in developing programs to create solutions for world hunger problem. The big companies like google, matlab, cisco, microsoft, sap, GE and many other are provided platform already to build solutions.

As a curious embedded programmer i have started developing my first IoT device to monitor my room temperature over the internet. I have used below components/services for my application,
1) Arduino uno - Development kit
2) ESP8266 - Wifi module
3) https://thingspeak.com/ - IoT server
4) B57703M0103G040 - NTC sensor
5) My mobile as wifi hotspot with my GPRS service
6) some resistors and connecting wire.

I will share my thoughts and experience in futures posts. Stay tuned for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-From http://intbuzz.blogspot.in